Monday, May 5, 2008

Journal? What journal?

Thanks to my sister-in-law Lisa, my wife Cathy has gotten the bright idea that we should have a family blog. What this translates to is lots of work for Mark. "I don't speek so good the English," she says. "You do it." Then she flutters her eyelashes and tells me what a wonderful writer I am. Right. I am reminded of the story of the Little Red Hen. Everyone wants to taste the bread, but nobody wants to help with the work.

Cathy also said that this would be a nice way to fulfill our obligation to our progeny to record the salient points of our lives in a journal. So be it. This is our journal. I never was much for journal writing, so we'll see how long this lasts. Cathy will also be making periodic entries in the blog, since it was her grand idea.

Here we are--the family of Mark & Cathy Russon. More to follow on the people you see in the picture. This is at least a start.

2 comments:

Lisa Russon said...

I'm laughing Mark! This will be good and I love knowing I'm partly responsible for your weekly journal assignment. I used the journal guilt on Brian too, and he is somewhat enjoying it, so I'm sure you'll learn to love it. We'll enjoying keeping up on your crazy antics and busy family. Thanks for doing it!

Cecily R said...

I should SO be offended that you didn't even MENTION me and my blogging obsession, but I'm not. Whatever. Maybe you didn't know that little tidbit about me...

I'm excited though that Cathy and Lisa talked you into blogging. Its a fun ride!!